Ignite, one of our Search Day programs, went on many adventures this summer. They explored the Chicagoland area by going to plays, movies, restaurants, beaches and more. They are excited to share their experience and they had so much fun! Read on to hear more about summer with Search.
- Becky: Loyola Beach was my favorite adventure, I got go knee-deep into the water. At Benihana, the hibachi grill was cool and I liked yakisoba noodles. I liked seeing the Barbie movie at the AMC Theatre in Evanston.
- Abby: I liked the Riverwalk, the boat tour, and the federal bank.
- Katy: I loved the Chicago Shakespeare Theater seeing Beauty and the Beast.
- Pam: I liked the Botanic Gardens.
- Kristina: Benihana!
- Erich: Benihana!
Where did you find people to be more disability-aware and mindful?
- Becky: I found the Riverwalk to be disability-aware because I didn’t know how to catch a fish, and they really helped me.
- Abby: The movie theatre because they had an elevator and automatic doors.
- Katy: Navy Pier at the play because they had someone work there in a motorized wheelchair like me.
Are there any stories and adventures you want to share?
- Becky: I enjoyed all the summer outings we went to.
- Abby: I liked learning about the history of the buildings on the boat tour.
- Katy: It was great going to my first play. I really enjoyed it and wouldn’t mind returning.
- Pam: We got to go to the Riverwalk and learn about the fish, and I learned a lot. I saw so many people, and that was fun. I saw people of all ages.
- Kristina: Benihana was good. They treated me well, and having them cook in front of you was fun.
- Erich: The food at Benihana was good.