JJsList.com is excited to continue working together with Pace Suburban Bus in 2019 to offer Hop on the Bus to Independence Workshops! These FREE workshops help people with disabilities build skills to take public transportation. The Hop Team is already busy scheduling these fun and interactive workshops. Contact us soon to schedule your workshop!
What happens during the 90-minute Workshop?
- The JJsList.com Training Team provides participants with an overview of public transportation across the Chicago Metropolitan Area and introduces online resources for trip planning.
- Pace Suburban Bus staff takes participants on a real Pace bus to explore how it works and what participants need to know.
- An RTA representative reviews the physical accessibility bus features.
- A Self-Advocate shares her knowledge of and experience on fixed-route transportation.
Who can participate?
- Any public or private school, agency, service provider, family or community group that works with individuals with disabilities ages 14 and older within the six county areas served by Pace Suburban Bus (Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry, Will).
How do I request a workshop?
- Click here to request a workshop or for more information
- OR Contact Sarah Armour at email@example.com and provide her with 2-3 dates when you would like the Hop Team to present.
- Please give us at least 2-3 weeks notice.
Schedule your Hop Workshop today!