Hop On The Bus To Independence Is Back!
JJ’s List is continuing its partnership with Pace Suburban Bus to offer students and clients with disabilities hands-on, interactive training to build essential public transportation skills for independent, fixed-route travel.
Who Can Participate?
A public or private school, a service provider or agency located within the six counties serviced by Pace Suburban Bus (Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry and Will).
- A minimum of eight participants with disabilities
- Participants must be 14 and up
- At least two staff members present per training session
- On-site access to computers, projector, audio and internet access
- Room for a Pace bus in your parking lot
You may partner with other agencies or schools to meet these requirements. Please make arrangements at least four weeks in advance. Trainings last approximately 90 minutes.
- Safe & Productive Internet Life Skills Curriculum -SPILLS
- Check out this 3-minute video sample session.
To schedule your free Hop on the Bus to Independence experience, contact:
Other Recent Posts
- People With Disabilities Educate Teachers
- [How-To Video] Getting Around on Pace: Staying Safe and Smart on the Bus
- Announcing “No Boundaries – Train for Work, Train for Life” for Teens and Adults with Disabilities
- Postcard To Pakistan