We’d be fibbing if we said we aren’t proud. ‘Cuz we are. That’s because our JJsList.com blog just got named as one of the Top 75 Disability Blogs on the Internet. Woo Hoo! We rank right up there at #23, not too far behind the New York Times disability blog and the likes of Reddit. It didn’t happen overnight and we know we still have a way to go. But how did we get this far? Here are a few things we try to do with each blog:
- Content – We try to write meaningful, thoughtful, and most of all, helpful content for our readers on the topics of disability awareness, workplace skills training and disability employment.
- Focus – Our readers come from the disability community and the business community and they are looking for ways to connect with each other. So we try to help them make those connections. Once in awhile, we write about something that we just think is darned interesting, but mostly we stay focused on the interests of this audience.
- Photos – Every time we do something we take a picture. We love to see others’ pictures too and try to include at least one pic always. Even if it’s a little blurry.
- SEO – Not! We just aren’t all that good yet at finding ways for Internet searchers and spiders and bots to find our content. We write about what we know and love and hope the word spreads. We know we have to get better at SEO (search engine optimization) if we want to get to the #1 spot (which we do), so we will keep working on this.
- Testimonials – Yes! This is easy because the Disability Awareness Players are truly, honestly changing the way staff of many companies interact with and about disability and they let us know how they feel about the staff of . So we love to share their quotes like these from Comcast sales managers.
So, thanks readers. And if you have something you’d like to know more about, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.